Club Systems International Limited ("Club Systems", "we" or "us") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions of use of the HowDidIDo website www.HowDidiDo.com (the “Website”) and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Club Systems International Limited (Company number: 3550638) of 49 Peter Street, 2nd Floor, Manchester, M2 3NG ("Club Systems").
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Glyn David Roberts.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Club Systems, and when you report a problem with the Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of postings on the Forum.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- File names of any encrypted data.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve the website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to estimate our audience size and usage pattern, to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our sites according to your individual interests, to speed up your searches and to recognise you when you return to the Website.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Use made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our sites are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you by email, SMS text messaging or both, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To notify you of your competition results by email, SMS text messaging or both, where you have consented to be contacted by such methods for such purpose.
- To notify you of your handicap changes by email, SMS text messaging or both, where you have consented to be contacted by such methods for such purpose.
- To notify you of national competitions and either weekly standings or finishing positions only by email, SMS text messaging or both, where you have consented to be contacted by such methods for such purpose.
- To allow third parties to contact you about their products, services and offers or provide you with information on such products or services which may be of interest to you by email, SMS text messaging or both, where you have consented to be contacted by such methods for such purpose.
If you are happy for us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant boxes on your personal profile alert settings.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, golfers in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the Companies Act 1985 as updated or amended from time to time.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Club Systems or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use terms and conditions other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Club Systems, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at HDIDPrivacy@Club2000.co.uk
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.